Advocacy Department Intern – Summer 2014
Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting an Advocacy Department Intern for Summer 2014.
This internship will focus on providing support to PAI’s U.S. Government and International Advocacy teams.
- Attend briefings, meetings, and events with or on behalf of the PAI advocacy team, and report back with a written memo.
- Conduct advocacy strategy research including assessment of current U.S. government programs at the legislative and executive level, and assisting in finding accurate information on international assistance programs funded abroad.
- Help complete office strategic planning including administrative tasks as assigned.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students can apply.
- Preferable sophomore year undergraduate level and above.
- Strong writing skills.
- Detailed orientated and can adhere to set deadlines.
- Familiarity with conducting in-depth research on domestic and international family planning reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS and other related issues.
- Intern will become proficient in conducting professional research on international health issues, able to draft materials that can be used in a professional setting both internally and externally, and strengthen their overall knowledge of how the U.S. Government budget process works in the context of providing funding for international programs.
Duration of Internship
June 2, 2014 – July 25, 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Haley Nicholson, Legislative Policy Analyst, email@example.com . EOE.