Online Communications Intern – Summer 2014
Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting an Online Communications Intern for Summer 2014.
This internship will focus on social media and online engagement.
- Creating content for our Facebook, Twitter, Vine and Pinterest accounts.
- Assisting with website maintenance: uploading documents, updating our homepage, making routine changes, etc. in WordPress.
- Compiling social media, email, and website analytics.
- Researching new opportunities for PAI online. Help us stay up to date with new tools and platforms.
- Regularly write posts about international family planning and reproductive health for our blog, All Access.
- Assist with PAI’s website redesign process. This could include cleaning up data, exporting materials, finding files in PAI’s archive, communicating with our web vendors, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with PAI’s CRM implementation process. This could include scheduling meetings, researching vendors, merging data, and other tasks as needed.
- Other projects will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Familiarity with sexual and reproductive health issues a must.
- Experience with social networking sites in a professional setting.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Familiarity with AP Style, the Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML preferred.
- Familiarity with email marketing preferred.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, and ready to hit the ground running.
- Intern will become proficient with WordPress.
- Intern will leave with several writing samples.
- Intern will gain experience with social media strategy, and will leave with relevant clips (Vine videos, tweets, Facebook share images, etc.)
Duration of Internship
June 2, 2014 – July 25, 2014; Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Emma Chadband at email@example.com. EOE.