A Communications Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent research and advocacy group working to strengthen support for international family planning. PAI works to ensure that every person has the right and access to sexual and reproductive health, humanity and the natural environment exist in balance and fewer people live in poverty.
PAI seeks one qualified intern to work in the Communications Department for the summer 2013 term. This internship is ideal for someone pursuing a career in Communications, especially in a nonprofit setting.
Specific duties may include:
- Maintaining an editorial calendar
- Researching and identifying opportunities for external engagement for PAI staff
- Researching and identifying new potential outlets for cultivation related to video and digital media
- Assisting with website updates and email outreach
- Assisting with social media monitoring
- Experience with social networking sites and other Web 2.0/new media
- Excellent analytical skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Enthusiasm for outreach
- Familiarity with sexual and reproductive health issues
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Some knowledge of HTML preferred
Duration of Internship
May 28, 2013 – July 29, 2013
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Jaclyn Seisman, Communications Coordinator
Resumes with cover letter may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.