Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting a Data Specialist Intern for Fall 2014. This internship will focus on conducting a thorough validation of candidate data sources for a critical CRM implementation, helping to develop the data consolidation process, helping to identify the best system to perform the data consolidation within, and undertaking the consolidation and cleansing processes. This work involves working with all of PAI’s departments as work is performed on their data sets.
- Cross reference data sources from across the organization
- Review software and services available; help identify the best solution for consolidating PAI’s data sources into one master database
- Identify, for each data source, the process for bringing that data into the master database
- Test chosen software or service with data
- Consolidate PAI’s data sources into one master database
- Use tools provided to identify overlap/duplicates
- Use tools provided to merge and remove duplicates
- At least two undergraduate years’ experience and the following skills
- Experience in data management
- Experience consolidating data sources, data cleansing and data validation
- Analytical skills; ability to work with large data sets
- Ability and desire to work within a team
- Experience with CRM systems is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and databases
Learning Objectives – Intern will learn to:
- Manage data sources from multiple sources
- Consolidate data from multiple sources so all valuable information is retained
- Develop and work through an implementation process for data consolidation
- Develop a process for moving critical organizational data into a CRM
Duration of Internship
September – November 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Sarah Reidy, Director of IT at email@example.com. EOE.