A Development Department Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent research and advocacy group working to strengthen support for international family planning. PAI works to ensure that every person has the right and access to sexual and reproductive health, humanity and the natural environment exist in balance and fewer people live in poverty.
The PAI Intern for Development will join a fast-paced development office for an international organization that works to raise funds and awareness for family planning and reproductive healthcare in the developing world.
Specific duties may include:
The PAI Resource Development Intern’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform background research on current and prospect foundations, and individual donors in an effort to find new funding sources;
- Assist with targeted direct mail initiatives. This can include researching potential mailing lists, assisting with logistics of mailing, and tracking gifts as they come in;
- Provide support with special fundraising projects and initiatives, including logistical support for regional trips.
- Provide administrative support to meet proposal and report deadlines;
- Perform general administrative duties (filing, copying, etc.)
The internship is a perfect fit for someone who is looking for experience in fundraising in a not-for-profit setting. The Intern for Resource Development should be interested in family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, women’s empowerment, environmental issues, and developing countries, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, dead-line driven, detail oriented environment.
Duration of Internship
May 28, 2013 – July 29, 2013
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Supervisor: Stephanie St. Clair
Resumes with cover letter may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Application Date: Open until filled.