Resource Development Intern Fall 2014
Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting a Resource Development Intern for Fall 2014.
The PAI Intern for Development will join a fast-paced development office for an international organization that works to raise funds and awareness for family planning and reproductive healthcare in the developing world.
- Perform background research on current and prospect foundations, and individual donors in an effort to find new funding sources
- Assist with targeted direct mail initiatives. This can include researching potential mailing lists, assisting with logistics of mailing, and tracking gifts as they come in
- Provide support with special fundraising projects and initiatives, including logistical support for regional trips
- Provide administrative support to meet proposal and report deadlines
- Perform general administrative duties (filing, copying, etc.)
The internship is a perfect fit for an undergraduate student who is looking for experience in fundraising in a not-for-profit setting. The Intern for Resource Development should be interested in family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, women’s empowerment, environmental issues, and developing countries, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, dead-line driven, detail oriented environment.
- Intern will become proficient in donor research by using tools such as wealth point, wealth engine and foundation directory online to build informational donor profiles.
- Intern will gain experience with information and database management by entering and manipulating data in Excel and Filemaker Database.
- Intern will gain experience with donor events by providing logistical support on event planning and facilitation.
Duration of Internship
September – November 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Stephanie St. Clair, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com . EOE.