Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting an Executive Office for Fall 2014.
This internship will focus on providing support in preparation for the fall Board of Directors meeting. The intern will also provide general support for PAI’s Executive Office and work closely with energetic Executive Office staff as well as teams throughout the organization. This internship is ideal for someone pursuing an undergraduate degree in non-profit management or who has an interest in non-profit organizational management.
- Support PAI’s Board of Directors through compiling board history information and drafting materials for the Fall Board Meeting such as updating background materials
- Prepare and organize materials for the President
- Draft, proofread and edit materials from the Executive Office
- Conduct background and project-based research, as needed
- Support and work on special tasks and projects, as needed
- An upper-class undergraduate student focused on international development/affairs, women’s empowerment, reproductive health and/or non-profit management
- An interest in reproductive health and family planning issues
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Great research skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with additional database skills a plus
- The intern will become familiar with non-profit board management and development.
- The intern will learn how to write concisely for a decision-maker by researching and writing briefing materials and memos for the CEO.
Duration of Internship
September – November 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to MaiLien Le-Cassesso at email@example.com. EOE.