A Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent research and advocacy group working to strengthen support for international family planning. PAI works to ensure that every person has the right and access to sexual and reproductive health, humanity and the natural environment exist in balance and fewer people live in poverty.
This Intern will support the Research Department by tracking, reviewing and analyzing/synthesizing emerging research in the following areas: demography (to include urbanization, migration, fertility and age structure); FP/RH – HIV/AIDS integration; contraceptive use/method mix; unmet need; and others.
Specific duties may include:
- Track key research sources including notable journals/periodicals, digital libraries, data repositories and strategic websites for emerging work pertaining to topics of interest;
- Access and review select literature;
- Analyze/synthesize select literature, paying close attention to key takeaways for an internal audience.
- A passion for reproductive health, demography and/or international development;
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program with a focus on public health, demography, international development, political science or a similar field;
- Experience researching international development issues; excellent writing skills—writing sample required;
- Demonstrated respect for research methodology, citations and data accuracy;
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize quantitative and qualitative data and information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to work independently in a collegial environment.
Duration of Internship
May 28th 2013 – July 29th 2013
Interns work approx. 20-40 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Kaja Jurczynska, Research Associate
Resumes with cover letter and writing sample may be emailed to email@example.com. EOE.