Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. Our research and advocacy strengthen U.S. and international assistance for family planning. We work with local and national leaders in developing countries to improve their reproductive health care programs and policies. PAI shows how these programs are critical to global concerns, such as preventing HIV, combating the effects of environmental degradation and climate change, and strengthening national security.
PAI seeks one qualified intern to work in the Finance and Administration Department for the summer 2013 term. This internship is ideal for someone pursuing an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
The Finance and Administration Intern will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic not-for-profit organization and gain focused, supportive training and professional experience in the field of finance & administration. Working closely with the F & A department staff, the intern will participate in providing a wide range of accounting and office services to support the activities of an energetic and dedicated staff of 34.
Description of Tasks
- Gain a basic understanding of a computerized accounting system and learn how to develop and use Excel spreadsheets
- Assist with the processing of cash receipts and vendor payables
- Assist in the development of a year-end forecast
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist in processing of applicant resumes to support the human resource function
- Provide administrative support to meet reporting deadlines.
- Perform general administrative duties (filing, copying, etc.)
- 20 hrs/week
- Internship duration: May 28, 2013 – July 29, 2013
- Melissa Eddy, Staff Accountant
This position requires current enrollment as an accounting or finance major; interest in pursuing a career in accounting, human resources, or office management; good organizational skills; attention to detail; knowledge of the World Wide Web, Excel, Microsoft Word; and ability to communication effectively in both verbal and written form.
Resumes with cover letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Internship Program. EOE.