Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting a Finance Department Intern for Fall 2014. This internship is ideal for someone pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or finance.
The Finance Intern will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic not-for-profit organization and gain focused, supportive training and professional experience in the field of finance and accounting. Working closely with the finance department staff, the intern will participate in providing a wide range of finance and accounting for support the activities of an energetic and dedicated staff of 35.
Description of Tasks
- Gain experience using a computerized accounting system and utilizing Excel as a reporting and analysis tool
- Assisting in the developing and monitoring financial forecasts
- Assist with monthly reporting
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly journal entries
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Current enrollment as an accounting or finance major
- Interest in pursuing a career in accounting and/or financing
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
Duration of Internship
September – November 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Ray Boyer at email@example.com Attn: Internship Program. EOE.