Human-Computer Interaction IT Intern
A Human-Computer Interaction Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent research and advocacy group working to strengthen support for international family planning. PAI advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment.
This internship will focus on improving the user interface/navigation and information accessibility of PAI’s Intranet. The intern will have the opportunity to apply their experience to a real-life situation and gain valuable experience at a fast-paced international nonprofit.
Specific duties/scope of work:
- Review all surveys and materials PAI has compiled regarding what staff want/need to access, what problems they face exchanging information and the Intranet project plan (which contains goals and milestones).
- Access/review existing Intranet UI
- Recommend changes to UI to improve the staff members’ experience with search and navigation, to present priority information better and to improve staff members’ overall experience on the Intranet.
- Implement agreed-upon changes
- Undergraduate degree (either completed or in progress with at least 3 years completed) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/User Center Design/Human Computer Interaction (this is a must)
- Familiarity with HTML, SharePoint front end web services Experiencing designing and developing user interfaces (coursework is acceptable)
- Experience (coursework is acceptable) in user interface design, conceptual design, conceptual thinking, and usability patterns.
- Beneficial to have experience in project management, user surveys, user interviews and a willingness to listen and adapt to user response and feedback.
Duration of Internship
September 16, 2013 – November 8, 2013
Interns work approx. 15-22 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Supervisor – Sarah Reidy, Director of IT
Resumes with cover letter may be emailed to email@example.com . EOE.