Information Technology Intern
Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. PAI collaborates with advocacy partners worldwide to ensure reproductive health is a priority. We interpret U.S. policies and global funding trends for our international colleagues and provide grants to community-based organizations to support their own advocacy efforts. PAI exists because providing women with the family planning they want can save hundreds of thousands of lives, prevent unintended pregnancies and reduce unsafe abortion.
We are currently recruiting an Information Technology Intern for Summer 2014.
This internship will focus on branding and customization of a SharePoint 2013 Intranet site. The goal is to create an Intranet which is attractive, engaging and easy to use for the organization’s staff members.
- Rework existing SharePoint 2013 Intranet
- Introduce branding
- Create Master Page templates
- Create a consistence navigation throughout the SharePoint 2013 Intranet site
- Create a consistent search interface throughout the SearchPoint 2013 site.
- Several years’ experience in web design: designing, development and customizing web pages
- Educational experience is acceptable
- Proficiency in:
- SharePoint web development and SharePoint Designer
- Master Pages and master page customization
- Some Java scripting experience is preferable
- Translating business needs into business resources:
- Understand each defined business need (video asset management, internal publications management, portal page for cross-organizational information and HR resources)
- Work with PAI IT and IS staff to expose resources for staff members on the SharePoint Intranet.
- Test each resource on the Intranet with staff members – use feedback to improve and upgrade.
- Use staff members’ feedback to provide an Intranet which meets their needs and is easy for them to use
- Use Navigation and Search to provide a consistent and easy to use interface for finding content
Duration of Internship
June 2, 2014 – July 25, 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to Sarah Reidy (email@example.com). EOE.