Population and Development Intern
A Population and Development Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent research and advocacy group working to strengthen support for international family planning. PAI advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment.
This intern will support two workstreams: 1) an assessment of the family planning and reproductive health policy and program environment in Kenya; and 2) emerging research around the demographic dividend.
Specific duties may include:
- Track and analyze policy and program documents (including funding data) related to family planning and reproductive health in Kenya;
- Analyze/synthesize select literature on the health, education, economic and other investments necessary for reaping the demographic dividend; and
- Review innovative approaches and methodologies for policy-relevant research.
- A passion for family planning/reproductive health, demography and/or international development;
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program with a focus on demography/population studies (strongly preferred), public health, international development or a similar field;
- Demonstrated respect for research methodology, citations and data accuracy.
- Experience researching demographic and/or public health issues; excellent writing skills—writing sample required; and
Duration of Internship
September 16, 2013 – November 8, 2013
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
Kaja Jurczynska, Research Associate
Resumes with cover letter and writing sample may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Application Deadline: September 9, 2013